Cupcakes are the Spice of Life **GIVEAWAY**January 7, 2011 at 1:32 AM | Posted in cupcakes, giveaway | 109 Comments
Even though I’ve been sitting here for a while trying to figure out how to begin this blog post, the only thing I can think of is…
And there’s no one that could say it better than perfect strangers, Cousin Larry and Balki Bartokomous. Who’s feeling me? These past few weeks have been crazy. Ya know. Thanksgiving, Christmas, California got 10 inches of rain in 14 days so my downstairs bedroom flooded (ugh!) but I think things are finally back to
normal being flood-less.
Ok now that that’s off my chest, let’s talk midget cakes.
Cupcake friends, if you didn’t wanna be my best friend before, you will now. It involves emails and vanilla extract.
I love getting emails. Especially the ones that begin with “We love your blog” and end with “We wanna give you free stuff.” So I won’t lie when I got an email from Spice Islands about giving away (THIS) Spice Gift Pack which includes a variety of their most popular spices including pure vanilla extract, ground Saigon cinnamon (omg so good!), dill, rosemary and bay leaves to one lucky IHC reader, I squealed and maybe threw in a *fist pump* or two. I always feel like I pulled one over on my sponsors b/c they can’t possibly think I’m THAT cool right? Lil ol me? *evil laugh*
Now I know that vanilla extracts are a dime a dozen at the grocery store but this one is used by my idol, my hero, my mentor, the person that I wanna be when I grow up…
MARTHA! MARTHA! MARTHA! (You know you wanna say it like Jan Brady. Or is that just me?)
We’ll just overlook her past discrepancies with the insider trading thing. Or if you are delusional like me, you can justify it in your head by saying she was framed. Whatever floats your boat.
Here’s how to win.
(1) Only those who live within the US and Canada eligible to win prizes. (Sorry my international peeps!)
(2) Please make sure you leave a valid email address so I can contact you if you win.
To enter answer this question via comments:
What was your favorite tv show from your childhood?
- Obviously Perfect Strangers is on the short list. But I think I will always have a special place in my heart for the Winslow family and Steve Urkel. I met Mr. Urkel on UCLA campus once. He’s taller than he looks on the show. But his bodyguards wouldn’t let me get too close. I guess I look like a crazy deranged fan. Go figure. *shrugs*
Want an extra entry?*
- Check out IHC’s NEW Facebook page! It’s still in the initial stages (ie I have no idea what I’m doing yet) but click the button and leave me a separate comment with your FB name so I can matchy matchy with the “People Like This” list. (+1 entry)
- Twitter (@ihcuppycakes) about my giveaway and leave me a separate comment with the link. Click “x time ago” under your tweet for the direct link. (+1 entry)
- Bake any IHC recipe and leave me a separate comment with your blog post link. Past recipes work too! Your post must mention my blog somewhere to be valid. (+1 entry)
* If I don’t see a separate entry, I will not count it. B/c I said so.
Deadline: January 16th @ 11:59pm EST
Winners will be chosen by Mr. Random Generator on January 17th.
Citrus3 Cupcakes recipe coming up next!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.